Cloud computing is geared up for transforming how offshoring company does business. The cloud computing in offshore outsourcing services expected to increase gradually in upcoming years. As software migrates from local PCs to distant Internet servers, users and developers alike look for long-term benefits. The impact of the change in cloud on the offshore outsourcing services depends on the definition of outsourcing. Going by the trends, change in cloud on business process outsourcing companies is inevitable and its impact on the same is unavoidable. On the whole, cloud computing will help shift the focus to delivery of business process outsourcing services rather than delivery of IT solutions, which, in turn, provides new business process service lines and models for both customers and global service providers. Based on the recent surveys, most of the cloud computing business in the next five years will emerge from the matured markets from different parts of the world. Cloud computing is the mechanism in which global call center operations can be integrated and deployed.
Dos of Cloud Computing in Offshore Outsourcing Industry
- The BPO companies that involve cloud services are recommended to perform different types of outsourcing which involves independent vendors, but again, it’s not a guarantee.
- The BPO companies lack in-depth knowledge about the recent current technologies. By outsourcing their infrastructure they can make use of the cloud provider’s knowledge.
- The BPO services that are using cloud services need to focus on the technological development since the impact of change in cloud on the offshore outsourcing services is occurring so quickly that most of the process outsourcing companies cannot keep up internally.
- Every business process outsourcing company must need to start exploring service provider relationships where cloud service is on the horizon.
- The offshore outsourcing companies which are starting with cloud computing services need to divide the entire process into three tiers – Quick fix (Linux Environment), Complex fix (Microsoft Environment) and lastly, Most Complex fix (Legacy Systems) – the best possible way to start.
- Business Process Outsourcing services using cloud-based services need to simplify the integration of different platforms between the offshore outsourcing company and the clients, as well as with other process outsourcing companies working with the same client.
- BPO companies involving cloud computing services must concentrate on data centralization to deliver clear and precise service and also greater flexibility in delivering each and every complex solution.
Don’ts of Cloud Computing for Business Process Outsourcing Services Providers
- Do not postpone issues pertaining to data security, a major challenge in cloud computing. The cloud services will have disruptive impact on the BPO service providers in terms of pricing and level of competitiveness, so the BPO organizations will have to accept more standard and multi-client service deliveries, while service providers will need to generate and share the benefits, most importantly, solve the data security challenges.
- Nowadays the cloud computing trend is putting pressure on the traditional IT and BPO services, so the offshore outsourcing company needs to accept the fact that the cloud service will drastically change the demand for services globally so the BPO companies need to concentrate on business avenues in parallel. It is not to be expected that everything will fall in place during the initial days itself.